Saturday, March 29, 2008

True romantic horror



Movie • ZOMBIE HONEYMOON • 2004
I've fallen in love with this couple. At first I thought I was wasting my time. This movie took itself way too seriously, and would have worked better as a dark comedy. I was glad to be watching with a tray of brownies and tall glass of chocolate milk.
Then it occurred to me. This movie is a romance. The writing was poor, but Tracy Coogan played her part as the broken hearted bride brilliantly. What would you do if your new husband, the man you love ate your friends and your travel agent? You cry and cry, but you love him unconditionally. Even if you’re a vegetarian, you accept that your husband now prefers a tasty noggin over bell peppers.
What the movie was missing was wedding cake. Through the entire hour and a half, I didn’t see a single dessert.

No comments: